ABOUT THIS BLOG

This blog gives designs and plans for the projects I've completed. You can see more on my sibling blog:

Photobucket

Friday, October 29, 2010

START AND A QUESTION

Well, I got a start on my plant stand. This how part of the bottom layer looks with 2 coats of primer.


 I'm using Zinsser BIN primer and I'm likin' it. It dries fast, to touch in 15 minutes and I can recoat in 45. Certainly not like any oil based paint I've ever used before. I have read reviews that people think it stinks a lot. I have not found the odor to be offensive at all. Certainly not near as bad as the paint thinner I used to clean the piece. I thought I would have to open a window or 2 for ventilation, but, unless I'm just used to the smell, it seems to go away quickly.

So, here's the question. See those metal supports between the 2 shelves on the one table? I'm not sure if I should paint them to match the handles (pewter) that go on the piece...

 or paint them the same color (pine, with a brown glazing) as the main piece.
Approximate color


The color of this house. Dutch Boy won't let me copy a swatch, only the whole picture.
Any thoughts?
It's too bad white doesn't go with my scheme, 'cause that's lookin' good with just the primer.

TRu04

No comments: